If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the mornings, I usually have very little time when it comes to making breakfast. However, knowing that skipping breakfast is the worst thing one can do for his/her health, I am always on the look out for healthy and quick options. This Oatmeal with Almond Milk and Chia Seeds is your usual oatmeal recipe, but made with unsweetened almond milk (instead of milk or water) to give it a creamy texture. To make it even healthier, I added chia seeds, which are one of the richest plant sources of Omega-3 acids. Since they expand in my stomach, they make me feel full longer than any other breakfast. I use whatever nuts I have at home and sweeten it with sugar-free dried fruit. To make it interesting, I usually switch the type of fruit and nuts I use in it. The best part of it, from beginning to end, it takes less 10 minutes to make this super healthy, filling, and simple breakfast dish.
This recipe is so simple that I am probably not the one, who came up with it. However, I got the idea of using almond milk, instead of water or milk, from the website of my favorite almond milk brand, Silk.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted nuts like walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, etc.
- 2 tablespoons Dried or Fresh Fruit
- Place almond milk in a small saucepan and let it come to a boil.
- Stir in the oats. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Before taking it off the heat, add the chia seeds and give it a stir.
- Place it in a bowl, and stir in the nuts and dried fruits.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch