If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know everyone's mom made the best baked macaroni but this is my blog so it is my mom's that is the best.
I was spoiled as a child. There I have admitted it. Whenever my mom would make something I was not really fond of there was always that dish of baked macaroni that would appear from the oven. The top was toasted and crunchy and the inside was tender and cheesy.
I think if I had to pick my last meal this would be it.
The recipe -
Boil 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
Grease pyrex loaf pan.
Alternate layers of macaroni and American cheese starting with the macaroni.
Break 3 eggs and pour over macaroni. Fill baking dish with milk to almost cover macaroni.
Top with bread crumbs, and parsley. Bake 350 degrees until set, usually about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Honestly that is the way the recipe was given to me.
It is pretty forgiving. Just boil macaroni and add cheese. I have used what ever cheese I have in the house. Mom used American. It is a good basic recipe you can build to fit your taste. —Lucia from Madison
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- sliced American Cheese
- Boil 1/2 pound elbow macaroni.
- Grease pyrex loaf pan.
- Alternate layers of macaroni and American cheese starting with the macaroni.
- Break 3 eggs and pour over macaroni.
- Fill baking dish with milk to almost cover macaroni.
- Top with bread crumbs, and parsley.
- Bake 350 degrees until set, usually about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta