Author Notes: Easy No Bake Protein Bites are a healthy low calorie energy snack. Made with dates, almonds, unsweetened cocoa powder and no added sugar. —Joanie @ ZagLeft
Makes: 16 squares
cup Raw almonds
tablespoon Coconut oil, melted
cup Pitted dates
tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
cup Sunflower seeds (optional)
In This Recipe
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and continue processing until the mxture resembles almond butter.
- Add in the pitted dates and continue to process until smooth.
- Add in the cocoa powder and process until well blended.
- Remove the blade of the food processor and scoop the nut/date mixture onto a piece of parchment paper. Shape the mixture into a rectangle about 1/2 inch high.
- If using sunflower seeds, scatter over the top of the nut/date log and gently press the seeds into the log.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice into squares.