Author Notes: I love the flavor of tiramisu! But I also love dairy free desserts. A great way to combine the flavors of tiramisu with a dairy free dessert is to make vegan chocolate which is so versatile and can be infused with any flavor desired. In place of dairy cream I have replaced it with coconut cream and instead of refined cane sugar I have used Maple sugar. By using high quality ingredients you can create delicious chocolates that battle the greatest chocolate boutique. —sabrina
teaspoons high quality ground decaf espresso [I used Illy]
tablespoons cacao powder [I used green and black]
grams cacao butter
tablespoons coconut cream
tablespoon coconut milk
pinch sea salt
tablespoons maple syrup sugar [sweeten to taste]
- Place the cacao butter pieces in a microwave safe bowl and microwave the cacao butter for 1.5-2 minutes until the pieces melt [Check on them at the 1.25 mark and the 1.5 mark].
- Once the cacao butter is out of the microwave add in the cacao powder, sugar, milk, cream, espresso and salt. If you desire more sweetness or a stronger espresso flavor add accordingly.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from refrigerator, place 1 teaspoon of cacao powder on a plate and spread with your fingers.
- Gather the chocolate in your hands and mold into a rectangular shape with about an inch of thickness.
- Place on the plate, even out the depth and straighten the sides.
- Cut rectangular blocks with a knife, shape accordingly, and then coat each piece with cacao powder and then top with some ground espresso. Enjoy!