If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hog roasts are a great way to dazzle your guests or plan a BBQ on a bright and sunny day in your lawn. Hog roast is healthy and delicious and is a favorite amongst many. This simple recipe can be tried out by any one as it involves ingredients that are readily available. All your friends and family members will enjoy it to the fullest and appreciate you. Though this recipe takes about 6 hours, it is worth the wait and your guests will not be able to resist the aroma. —Mark Adolf
Serves hog roast
- 2000 grams Pork (skin on and bone in)
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- Sea salt
- 2 pieces red onions (halved)
- 2 pieces celery sticks (halved)
- 2 pieces carrots (peeled and halved lengthwise)
- 1 piece garlic
- 8 pieces bay leaves
- Water or organic stock
- Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius. Now take the pork and make sharp cuts on the body fat with the help of a sharp knife. Make sure that you do not make very deep cuts so as to reach to the meat. Now rub sea salt on these cuts thoroughly by pulling the skin, if required.
- Now brush off the excess salt and turn the pork. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the other side of the pork. Now place the pork on a roasting tray and put it inside the preheated oven. Now roast for about ½ an hour or until you see the skin puffing up/crackling. Now reduce the temperature of the oven to 170 degree Celsius and take the pork out. Cover it with tin foil and put it back inside the oven.
- Transfer the pork on a chopping board and scoop out some of the fat from the baking tray. Now add all the vegetables and bay leaves and mix with the leftover fat on the tray. Place the pork back on the roasting tray and roast for another hour. Take the veggies out and use the water to prepare the gravy. Serve.