Author Notes: This is really simple, delicious and inexpensive. I believe I originally saw this in a La Cucina Italiana about 10 years ago aptly titled Zuppa di Ceci. I have been unable to locate the original recipe. This is my version adapted to my own tastes and using standard US can sizes. —Summer of Eggplant
Serves: 2 as a main 4 as a side
14 oz. cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
tablespoon minced garlic
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons rosemary, chopped
salt + pepper
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add the oil. Add in the chickpeas, the garlic and the rosemary and saute until your house starts smell great, about 10 minutes. Stay with the ingredients, they do not want to brown or take on any real color.
- Add stock and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree. I use an immersion blender. You may use a regular blender but you may need work in batches.
- Top with a little more olive oil if desired. I like to serve it with olive bread and a salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas