If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chickpea flour is mixed with simple ingredients (water, oil, salt), broiled in a hot oven for several minutes, then devoured while still hot with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. A delicacy in the shape of a humble pancake! —Tasty Plan
Makes 2 12 inch pancakes
cup chickpea flour
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon cumin powder
tablespoons olive oil
handful chopped fennel fronds
tablespoon vegetable oil, for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a clean bowl combine chickpea flower, salt, cumin and fennel fronds. Add water and olive oil. Mix until smooth.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place a large skillet into the oven once it reaches desired temperature. Heat for five minutes, then remove and pour about half a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Slowly pour half of the batter into the skillet, swirling it around so that it evenly distributes across the skillet. You should have about a 1/8 of a inch deep pancake.
- Place pan back into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, more if needed. The edges will start to turn brown, and if your oven is hot enough the Farinata will blister slightly.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil and devour while still hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
More Great Recipes: