If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe blends onion and chick peas with pieces of sausage and pasta - some chick peas are added whole for texture variety - delicious combination of flavors —AdeleSolazzo
- 2 chickpea cans ( about a pound each, drained of water)
- 6 sweet onions - roughly chopped
- 1 pound italian sausage loose - not in casing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- spicy italian seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound pasta such as ziti
- grated pecorino cheese
- brown sausage in pan until most of pink is gone. Remove and set aside
- Add oil to same pan if there is not enough fat left from sausage and cook onions until very soft and just beginning to caramelize.
- blend onions and one can of chickpeas in blender or food processor until smooth and return to pan. Add sausage and additional can of chickpeas and warm together for about ten minutes on medium to medium low heat add seasonings to taste
- meanwhile pasta water should be boiling - add pasta and cook as directed. Save a cup of the pasta water. Add pasta to chickpeas /sausage mixture add reserved pasta water if appears dry add cheese and serve