If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having bought some tasty Italian White Anchovy Fillets and some fresh Kalamata olives, we decided to invent a new pasta salad. Since food bloggers and food stylists are concentrating on rainbow color presentations these days, we decided to do a black and white retro number. Here’s the recipe we created and posted on our blog;
http://tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com/2014/04/black-and-white-pasta-salad.html —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 5 oz of white anchovy fillets packed in white wine and olive oil marinade
- 6 oz of dry Penne Rigate pasta
- 1/2 C of Kalamata deli olives, cut in half diagonally
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 C crumbled feta cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
- basil leaves for garnish
- several lemon wedges for serving
- Start the pasta boiling in salted and oiled water. When finished cooking, rinse and drain. The Penne Rigate takes 11 minutes to cook during which time you can accomplish the rest of the prep prior to combining.
- Cut all but a few of the anchovy fillets into 3/4 inch lengths. Leave a few whole for the top. Do not discard any of the packing liquids as that will be the source of the oil and vinegar.
- Mince the garlic and reserve with the rest until the pasta is cooked, rinsed and shaken dry.
- When the pasta is ready, place in a medium bowl and add enough of the packing oil to coat it and stir thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, combine and refrigerate for an hour or so to allow the flavors to mingle.