Author Notes: A hearty, filling recipe that can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. Works for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or a quick power snack. Regular Chickpeas can be used as well. —Indira @ illcookyouwash
cup Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas), Dried
cloves Garlic, minced
Tomatoes, roughly chopped
teaspoons Dried Basil
teaspoon Black Pepper
teaspoons Olive Oil
teaspoons Salt, to taste
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook dried chana according to package directions.
- Warm oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chana, tomatoes, basil, black pepper, pepper flakes & salt.
- Stir to ensure that everything is thoroughly coated with oil.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes and adjust to taste with salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas