If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty, filling recipe that can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. Works for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or a quick power snack. Regular Chickpeas can be used as well. —Indira @ illcookyouwash
cup Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas), Dried
cloves Garlic, minced
Tomatoes, roughly chopped
teaspoons Dried Basil
teaspoon Black Pepper
teaspoons Olive Oil
teaspoons Salt, to taste
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook dried chana according to package directions.
- Warm oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chana, tomatoes, basil, black pepper, pepper flakes & salt.
- Stir to ensure that everything is thoroughly coated with oil.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes and adjust to taste with salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas