If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quicker, pantry-staple based and vegetarian version of my favorite chicken salad. Great for meatless Mondays! —Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar (rice wine vinegar or champagne vinegar will also work here)
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 large rib of celery, small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 small tart apple, cored, small dice
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 slices of crusty bread
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce (optional)
- Place chickpeas in a food processor and pulse a few times to get a rough chop.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas and all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge for one hour to let flavors combine.
- When ready to serve, toast the bread to your desired darkness in a toaster oven, or under the broiler (watching carefully)! Divide your chickpea salad between 4 slices of toast and top with lettuce, if desired, and the remaining toast. Or suit yourself and eat open faced, or on a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas