Author Notes: Home made vodka sauce that can be made in 15 minutes —KelleyChefSavvy
ounces Whole-wheat Thin Pasta
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cloves of Garlic, Minced
ounces Crushed Tomatoes
teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
cup heavy cream
tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
In This Recipe
- Cook pasta until al-dente, typically around 6 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile while pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add in garlic and cook for one minute.
- Next, add in vodka and allow the alcohol to cook off. (Usually takes about 5 minutes)
- Add in crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Cook for 5 more minutes simmering lightly.
- Stir in heavy cream and basil and take off heat.
- Toss with cooked pasta.