If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Home made vodka sauce that can be made in 15 minutes —KelleyChefSavvy
- 13 1/2 ounces Whole-wheat Thin Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 28 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook pasta until al-dente, typically around 6 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile while pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add in garlic and cook for one minute.
- Next, add in vodka and allow the alcohol to cook off. (Usually takes about 5 minutes)
- Add in crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Cook for 5 more minutes simmering lightly.
- Stir in heavy cream and basil and take off heat.
- Toss with cooked pasta.