If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a white macadamia nut cookie recipe made with garbanzo beans. I would like to thank Texanerin Baking on texanerin.com for the original idea behind this recipe manipulation. I think the manipulation to this recipe proves to be a long awaited comfort food that is safe for gluten allergies as well as vegans. —Amber Frymark
- 1 1/4 cups Canned Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup "Cracker Barrel" Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder (grain free)
- dashes Salt
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips (dairy free)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. While the oven is warming up take a food processor and blend macadamia nuts until smooth like butter
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips or pulse with machine a few times
- With wet hands, form into 1½" balls. Place onto a pan with parchment paper. Press down slightly on the balls to shape into cookies
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas