If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lightly sweetened, creamy, lots of almond, and a little bit of chocolate to complement the almonds. Perfect breakfast!
A great variation is to add 1/2 to 1 cup of dried cherries when adding in the almonds and chocolate.
Makes 8 scones
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3.5 ounces almod paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream + additional for brushing scones
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400*. Use spray oil to lightly grease a baking tray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Crumble the almond paste by hand into the flour mixture.
- Add eggs and cream and mix well using the paddle attachment.
- Add almonds and chocolate chunks and mix in.
- Turn the scone dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. With floured hands shape the dough into a 2 inch thick circular disk. Using a very sharp knife lightly dusted with flour cut the disk pizza style into 8 triangle/wedges.
- Place each triangle wedge onto the baking sheet spaced about an inch apart. Brush the tops of the scones with an additional splash of cream using a pastry brush. Bake at 400* for 15-18 minutes. The tops of the scones should be lightly browned. Cool before serving.