If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delightful side should be just that- always by your side. I have a jar of it in my fridge at all times, and am constantly surprising myself with how well the deep aromatic spices of the sweet chilli, harmonise with anything and everything.
This beautiful sauce is ridiculously easy to whip up for last minute pop-ins and impromptu barbecues, or simply a fine accompaniment to ones morning eggs. For a Sweet Chili that packs an extra punch, leave the chill seeds in. Free from nasty refined sugars, gluten and dairy, but certainly not free from taste. —Sandra Ramacher
Makes 1 litre/4 cups
- 10 pieces Garlic (minced)
- 4 Large red Chlies (chopped)
- 2 Large Red Peppers (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 8 Kaffir Lime Leaves (chopped)
- 3 Lemon Grass Stems (chopped)
- 1 bunch Coriander (chopped)
- 1 cup Honey
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 100 milliliters Apple Cider Vinegar
- 50 milliliters Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine garlic, chilies, red peppers, ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass, and coriander in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Combine honey and water in a medium size saucepan and heat until honey starts to simmer.
- Add the paste, apple cider vinegar, fish sauce and salt, and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- For a spicier sauce, try leaving in some of the chili seeds.
- Refrigerate in an airtight jar.