If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired from a recipe that I found on an old Greek cookbook. —Evangelia
Serves 6-8 persons
- 0.5 cups water
- 0.5 cups rice milk
- 1 portion organic yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive-oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds (grated)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup olives in halves with stone removed
- 1.1 pounds flour
- Prepare the yeast, add the rest of ingredients and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic
- Cover with a clean cloth and leave for about 1 hour to rise, until doubled in size
- Divide in two equal pieces and roll them to form round shapes
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cover the loaves and return to an oiled pan till they have risen to about double the size. This will take about 50 minutes
- Using a sharp knife, nick the loaves and then bake for about 1 hour