If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe by my friend Adrianna. It’s quite similar to a Greek recipe for chicken soup, with the difference that it doesn’t contain any chicken. Easy and delicious. —Evangelia
Serves 4-6 persons
- 1 cup whole grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 or 3 fresh organic eggs in room temperature
- the juice of 1 large lemon
- some thyme flowers
- olive oil
- First bring the rice and water to a boil, then lower the fire
- Add the salt, cover the pan and let the rice cook. Whole grain rice can take up to one hour for cooking, but it’s safer to follow the instructions on the packaging
- Whisk together the eggs and lemon juice
- Sprinkle the thyme flowers on top and continue whisking while pouring spoons of warm soup in the sauce
- When the two liquids have reached the same temperature pour the sauce in the pot with the soup
- Stir again and serve warm with a freshly sprinkled thyme flower on top. Bon appetit!