If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ketchup is one of those tried and true condiments that everyone loves. Why not spice it up with this recipe that adds curry powder and red chili pepper? It's easy to make and trust us, you'll start putting it on everything! —First We Eat
Makes 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 pinch Ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 - 28 ounces Can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup Golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a heave bottom pan and add the onions. Cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the salt, tomato paste, and all the spices and mix until tomato paste is incorporated and the spices have all come together. Then add the tomatoes, brown sugar, and apple cider. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes to slightly thicken your ketchup. At the end of 30 minutes, use and immersion blender (or regular blender) to create a smooth consistency. Enjoy on everything!