If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lot of people make plantains, but for whatever reason people say mines taste differently, and I guarantee if you try them my way, you`ll fall in love! —Amlande B
- 2 Whole plantains (green)
- 2 cups oil
- 1 Bowl of salted water (salty is best)
- 1 slice of lemon juice
- As you let your oil get hot, Peel your plantains, cut in 4 parts at an angle if desired
- adjust heat under pot of oil not too high so they can fry thoroughly, add plantains to fry in oil
- When they finish to fry, flatten them with a tool with a flat surface (plate)
- dip in your salted water that was mixed with lemon juice, and refry. When fried to desired golden color, take out and serve.