Author Notes: These healthy peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with peanut butter flavor
~ Adapted from 101cookbooks —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes: 24 cookies
cups whole wheat pastry flour
cup natural peanut butter (I used chunky)
cup maple syrup
cup extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon fine grain sea salt
teaspoons vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined (still a bit dusty looking)
- Let sit for five minutes, give one more quick stir (just a stroke or two)
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork.
- (** Note: This is a loose batter, so if you’re set on doing criss-crosses, go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes ... keeping an eye on them so they don’t over bake .. or they'll be dry.
- Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.