If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I feel better in the afternoon if I eat a healthy lunch, but it needs to have enough taste, fat, and protein to be satisfying. This salad does the trick. Also it's really easy. I was eating it all the time (until I created Perfect Lunch Salad #2 -- now I will have variety). The amounts of ingredients are just guidelines, so of course feel free to adjust to make it perfect for you! —Laura
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/3 of an avocado, cut in small-ish pieces
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled or diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pick a container (with tight lid) that looks like it will hold the amount of salad you want to eat for lunch. Fill it nearly full with spinach.
- Sprinkle the spinach with salt, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Add the avocado to the top of the salad. Drizzle the lemon juice onto the avocado, then toss gently.
- Add the cheese, walnuts, and fresh ground pepper to taste. If there's still room in your container, cram some more greens on top.
- Have a happy lunch!
More Great Recipes: