Author Notes: This recipe is based on a version of guacamole I was once served at a Middle Eastern restaurant. It's become a staple ever since. —ATG117
eggs, hard boiled
scallions, thinly sliced
garlic clove, finely mashed with salt
freshly ground black pepper
In This Recipe
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and give it a rough mash. (I like some chunkiness, but if you don't feel free to make it smooth.) Coat with lemon juice and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Give the yolks a rough mash, season with salt, and add them to the avocado mixture.
- To the avocado mixture, also add the finely mashed garlic. Stir to distribute.
- Now, slice the egg whites once horizontally and the vertically, so you get small slices. Season with salt and gently stir them into the avocado mixture.
- Add the sliced scallions, and if you'd like, a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Gently stir the mixture. Taste and adjust for lemon juice and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions