If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is based on a version of guacamole I was once served at a Middle Eastern restaurant. It's become a staple ever since. —ATG117
- 2 avocados
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely mashed with salt
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and give it a rough mash. (I like some chunkiness, but if you don't feel free to make it smooth.) Coat with lemon juice and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Give the yolks a rough mash, season with salt, and add them to the avocado mixture.
- To the avocado mixture, also add the finely mashed garlic. Stir to distribute.
- Now, slice the egg whites once horizontally and the vertically, so you get small slices. Season with salt and gently stir them into the avocado mixture.
- Add the sliced scallions, and if you'd like, a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Gently stir the mixture. Taste and adjust for lemon juice and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions