If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like a good old fashioned deviled egg as much as the next person, but if we decorate the outside of an Easter egg, I think it only fair to decorate the deviled egg too, so I usually dress them up a little. I also like to crank up the flavor without getting too wild; (truffle oil will sneak into mine; not my husband's favorite). Tulip petals are their Easter dress.
A long-time lover of mayonnaise, I've shed my need for so much and in so many places; so to lighten things up, I now use plain yogurt (the local kind) to make it creamy. I love the addition of truffle oil which is a natural partner to an egg. Tom, my husband, continues to proclaim himself a non-truffle eater so I fill his eggs first then add the truffle oil to the mix (for me and any other guests that might be joining). Truffle oil is strong, so adjust the quantity to your taste by adding it a few drops at a time. If you have fresh truffles, truffle shavings would be delicious to mix in. If you don't like truffle, simply omit it altogether.
—10 Legs in the Kitchen
- 6 handfuls hard cooked eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 12 pieces 2" long chive strips, for garnish
- 6-12 pieces 1/8" x 2" good quality cooked ham strips, for garnish
- 12 tulip petals, for garnish
- Cut the cooked, peeled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolk, out from the white and place in a Bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredient and mash well with a fork.
- Chop one of the cooked egg whites and add to the bowl mixing well.
- Fill the center of each cooked egg white with spoonfuls of the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and top each with 2 chive strips and 1-2 ham strips.
- To serve, put each deviled egg on a tulip petal placed on a platter or individual plates. Admire momentarily and watch them disappear.