If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up on Long Island, grilling during the spring and summer months is a great go to for dinner. I made this recipe to use my favorite cut of meat and favorite methods of cooking. With a flavorful marinade and great char from the grill, the steak takes on great flavor, perfect for an outdoor barbeque. —Marissa Vetrano
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vineagar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to fully combine. (reserve half the scallions for garnish)
- taste to check for seasoning and balance.
- add meat to the marinade and refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- turn grill on and wipe clear of burnt residue.
- when preheated, remove steak from the marinade and place on grill diagonally to the grates.
- after about 4 minutes, flip the steak and continue to cook until medium rare. (about 4-5 more minutes)
- when cooked to medium rare, remove the steak and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- place on platter and top with remaining scallions to garnish.