If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Years ago, a housemate of mine, vegan, baked us a delicious chocolate cake. I asked her for the recipe, and she said she'd just Googled "best vegan chocolate cake" and that's what had come up. It's a pretty fine cake, won't lie, but there was something missing. This recipe, though. It's not the Best Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe EVER. Nono. It's much better. —magpiekate
Makes 1 9-inch round cake
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising or cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F (180 C).
- Mix the dry ingredients together, and form a well in the center. Add wet ingredients and stir until satiny, silky smooth.
- Pour into greased cake tin and bake for roughly 40-50 minutes, until a chopstick inserted into the center comes out clean. It is recommended to allow it to reach body temperature before attempting to eat, but I'm not your mother.