If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been adapted from the Susan Branch Summer Cookbook. I have switched it up a bit :) It is super easy and delicious!! —Jen Bonoma
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet grape tomatoes
- 1 loaf focaccia bread or ciabatta heated or grilled
- 8 ounces of soft mild chèvre
- 1/2 cup fresh basil slivered
- Steep the minced garlic in the olive oil for at least a 1/2 hour. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Take your grape tomatoes and cut them in half and put them in a shallow baking dish. Once the garlic olive oil mixture is ready, pour it over the tomatoes and toss lightly so that they are all covered.
- Put the mixture into the oven for about 30 mins. I usually stir the tomatoes after about 15 mins.
- Sliver your basil. Once the 30 minute mark is up, take the baking dish out of the oven, add the basil and mix well. Cut the goat cheese in rounds and layer it so that it covers the top of the tomato mixture. You could also use crumbled goat cheese as an alternative. Return the dish back into the oven and lightly broil it until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Let cool and serve with sliced chunks of bread