If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The secret to the best hummus? Peel the chickpea skins! Yes, you may have heard this before, but have you tried it? —Jessica Chang
- 1 30oz can chickpeas, drained with juice reserved, rinsed and skins peeled
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Peel skins off of the chickpeas. Squeeze the chickpea upward between your thumb and finger and the chickpea should pop right out of the skin. Toss the peeled chickpeas in a separate bowl and skins in another.
- In a large food processor, process the peeled chickpeas for 1 minute.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic. Process and leave on to blend. Drizzle in chickpea juice, one tablespoon at a time, until you put in 8 tablespoons of juice. The hummus should be very smooth. If not, drizzle in some more juice.
- Drizzle a little EVOO on the hummus, and serve hummus with toasted pita or raw vegetables.