If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have no idea why this cake is called a “cold dog” in German but it is a delicious easy-to-make snack for both children and adults. What’s more, making them is so much fun. Both the kids and the adults will have fun making it (and making a mess, no doubt) and eating it! No technique, no hand-mixer, no kitchen-aid, no oven required… yet the result is so rewarding. And of course, this snack is extremely addictive… you have been warned :) —hausfraufrau
Serves 1 - 10 kids / 1 - 2 adults
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate Bars (broken into pieces)
- 400 grams Milk Chocolate Bars
- 150 grams Butter
- 200 grams Cream
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Sugar
- 250 grams Butter Biscuits (Rectangular-sized)
- Melt the butter in a pot over a stove and then add the chocolate bars. Stir occasionally until you get a liquid mixture.
- Add the vanilla sugar and the cream and mix well.
- Get a bread tin (25x11cm), line it with clingfoil so that you have enough foil to cover the entire tin later.
- Place 4 biscuits into the foil-lined tin and cover this first layer of biscuits with a layer of the melted chocolate cream. Repeat this step until you have used all the biscuits.
- Place the tin in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the “cake” from the tin the next day (it should look like a chocolate brick) and slice it into pieces.
- If you are making it solely for adults, try adding 2 teaspoons of rum into the chocolate cream…! It makes a great party snack too!