Author Notes: I have no idea why this cake is called a “cold dog” in German but it is a delicious easy-to-make snack for both children and adults. What’s more, making them is so much fun. Both the kids and the adults will have fun making it (and making a mess, no doubt) and eating it! No technique, no hand-mixer, no kitchen-aid, no oven required… yet the result is so rewarding. And of course, this snack is extremely addictive… you have been warned :) —hausfraufrau
Serves: 1 - 10 kids / 1 - 2 adults
grams Dark Chocolate Bars (broken into pieces)
grams Milk Chocolate Bars
tablespoons Vanilla Sugar
grams Butter Biscuits (Rectangular-sized)
- Melt the butter in a pot over a stove and then add the chocolate bars. Stir occasionally until you get a liquid mixture.
- Add the vanilla sugar and the cream and mix well.
- Get a bread tin (25x11cm), line it with clingfoil so that you have enough foil to cover the entire tin later.
- Place 4 biscuits into the foil-lined tin and cover this first layer of biscuits with a layer of the melted chocolate cream. Repeat this step until you have used all the biscuits.
- Place the tin in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the “cake” from the tin the next day (it should look like a chocolate brick) and slice it into pieces.
- If you are making it solely for adults, try adding 2 teaspoons of rum into the chocolate cream…! It makes a great party snack too!