This is the most crunchiest cookies I ever owned. To give it a healthier bake, I adapted vegetable oil instead of the butter bravely, but it works wonderfully! It crumbles in your mouth straight away.
This is the most crunchiest cookies I ever owned. To give it a healthier bake, I adapted vegetable oil instead of the butter bravely, but it works wonderfully! It crumbles in your mouth straight away.—Mochi Mochi
grams All-purpose flour
grams raw light brown sugar
grams Vegetable oil
grams Toasted walnut, chopped
teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/160°C (fan oven), or gas mark 4.
- Put the vegetable oil, egg and sugar into a mixing bowl, use a hand whisk to beat until well combined.
- Sift all the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together, add the chopped walnut in.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, use spatula to mix until it forms a dough. It could be so crumbly, but that's what it is.
- Take one small of the dough, roll into a ball shape and slightly press down to flatten it on the lined baking tray and repeat the rest of the dough.
- Brush with a layer of beaten egg or milk. Bake in the preheat oven for around 15 to 20 minutes, depends how thick is your cookies, so better have a check after the first 15 minutes, and adjust the time to bake.