If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad loved spreading peanut butter on his BLT sandwiches. Since it's soon to be bikini season I thought I'd turn one of my favorite sandwiches into a salad that has MAJOR flavor. —Liza
Serves 4 sides or 2 mains
For The Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Smooth or Chunky Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 splash lime juice (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2-3 drops fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pinches salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups chopped Little Gem Lettuces
- 2 cups Diced Tomatos
- 4-6 pieces Bacon, cooked then chopped
- 1 bunch julienned Thai Basil
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- Lay your bacon on a rack above a sheet pan lined with foil. Bake in an oven at 350 until it's brown, crispy with a little bit of chew left.
- Meanwhile whisk together all your dressing ingredients. Place in the bottom of a large salad tossing bowl.
- Get all your salad ingredients prepped and place in the bowl. Toss before serving and season with salt, pepper to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
More Great Recipes: Salads