The Aglio Et Olio (garlic and olive oil) sauce is what takes the toasted walnuts and mushrooms to another level. The peas add a sweetness to the earthy flavor of this dish. It's simple yet sophisticated.
The Aglio Et Olio (garlic and olive oil) sauce is what takes the toasted walnuts and mushrooms to another level. The peas add a sweetness to the earthy flavor of this dish. It's simple yet sophisticated.—Veganosity
pound Pasta - any shape will do
cup olive oil
tablespoon olive oil
cloves of garlic - minced
cups toasted walnuts
- Fill a pasta pot ¾ of the way full, add the 3 tablespoons of salt, and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the water and stir once so it doesn’t stick together. Cook according to the directions on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 385° and roast the walnuts until they begin to look slightly brown and they are crisp. Approximately 4 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saute pan. When the oil is hot add the mushrooms – top side down- and brown. Approx. 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 more minutes or until they are spongy to the touch. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Steam the peas in water until firm, but not mushy. They should be al dente.
- In a small saucepan heat the ½ cup of olive oil. When it’s hot add the garlic and lower the heat to a low simmer. Stir the garlic until it begins to turn golden. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl. Add the peas, mushrooms, and walnuts. Add the oil and garlic and combine well.