Tried and true, chicken is just one of those things I could eat all by itself.
Tried and true, chicken is just one of those things I could eat all by itself.—mtlabor
tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 & 1/2
teaspoons chipotle chili powder
salt and pepper
whole chicken (about 3 lbs.)
ounces box panko bread crumbs
In This Recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, dijon mustard, honey, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure honey is well incorporated and not clumpy. Set about 1 cup of the mixture aside for use later.
- Spread out panko bread crumbs in a large plate.
- Dip the chicken in the mixture and coat well. Then dredge (you may have to just pat it on) the chicken into the panko bread crumbs.
- Cover the chicken and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Place a roasting rack in the oven for 5 minutes to get nice and hot.
- Place chicken on rack and roast for about 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours, when internal temperature of chicken is 170 F. I'd recommend flipping the bird halfway through so the crust doesn't get overdone on one side.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes after taking out of the oven and carve. Heat up the reserved cup of batter/sauce in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, or until thick. Top chicken with sauce and serve on a plate with whatever sides you like!