If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using up leftover chicken is a happy hobby of mine. Sometimes it's fried *yum* This simple but tasty chicken salad incorporates the deliciousness of the fried chicken's light breading plus a tangy bite from Greek yogurt sour cream. Simple and highly customizable. —jampot
Makes 4 cups
- 2 5 oz. leftover boneless/skinless pan fried chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plus 1Tbsp Greek Yogurt Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 medium sized apple, diced
- 1/3 cup grapes, halved
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 green onions, green and white parts, minced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- course kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt sour cream and lemon juice. If you like a creamier chicken salad, add a bit more of the yogurt sour cream. Whisk a few times to mix well.
- Dice the leftover cold fried chicken breasts. If your breading/batter was seasoned, go lightly with the salt and pepper later on.
- Add the chicken to the yogurt sour cream mixture as well as the apple, grapes, celery, green onions and walnuts. Toss gently and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I serve this over mixed greens or on two pieces of homemade bread for a yummy sandwich. Try a splash of lemon juice to top if you like the tang - I do!