If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This exotic sweet-and-sour chicken recipe is a surefire way to wow, plus it's super simple. Homemade pomegranate molasses (easier than you think) makes an addictive finger-licking sauce. —Feed Me Dearly
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- For the spice rub:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place a heatproof bakers’ cooling rack on a 9×12” sheet pan, and top with the chicken breasts.
- Rub each breast with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once during the cooking process.
- While chicken is cooking, make the glaze or sauce.
- Combine all ingredients (except butter) in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add butter and stir to combine.
- When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, remove from the oven, and glaze each breast with the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the oven for another 5 minutes until the glaze has thickened slightly and the chicken is starting to look charred.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes, allowing the glaze to set and the juices to redistribute.