If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Italian bean salad made with borlotti beans,celery, onions and tuna. —An Italian in my kitchen
- 1 1/4 cups dried borlotti beans
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 small cans flaked tuna
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups bean juice (liquid left in the pot after beans are cooked)
- The dried beans have to be soaked for at least 8 hours, so the night before soak beans in a large bowl of water, (then after the 8 hours drain and rinse).
- In a medium pot add beans and cover with water to 1 inch from the top. Cover and cook on high heat till boiling, once boiling, half uncover and continue to cook on medium heat till tender (approximately 50 minutes,( might go need to go longer so after 40 minutes of cooking taste a bean and then again 10 minutes later till reached desired tenderness). Remove cooked beans from pot, leaving bean juice.
- In a medium bowl add chopped celery, onion, and flaked tuna, toss gently to combine, then add cooked beans, salt, olive oil and bean juice, again toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature.