If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While walnuts inspired it, the caramelized oranges and lemons are the real stand outs. —Julie seyler
Walnuts, chicken, olive oil, oranges, lemons, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, honey
- 8 pieces Thighs and legs of chicken (separate)
- 3 tablespoons olive ol
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon or less of honey
- 20 cardamom pods crushed
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1" piece of ginger
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- dashes of salt and pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and salt and pepper them.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, crushed cardamom, cloves, garlic, ginger, 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts and pulse in a food processor until thickish.
- Pour the pureed marinade over the chicken pieces and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours to let the flavors coagulate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the marinated chicken in a roasting pan and top with the sliced oranges and lemons and bake at 425 for an hour and a half turning frequently so that chicken stays moist.
walnuts and cilantro
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- splashes cilantro
- Toast walnuts on top of the oven to release their nutty flavor
- add the toasted walnuts and cilantro over the finished dish