If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brownies flavored with cinnamon, cayenne and chili powder —Jewels Phraner
Makes one 8x8 pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup butter, plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325F. Heavily grease a baking dish, measuring 8 inches square.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, cayenne, chili powder and salt.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, sugar and cocoa, stirring frequently until the butter is melted and the ingredients and smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add the vanilla and eggs.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the flour and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, and then chill for at least 30 minutes, until you can run a knife along the edges of the pan and turn the brownie out. Once turned out, cut into squares.