If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shredded chicken in a tomato-mango sauce. —Jewels Phraner
- 1 onion
- 1 mango
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup rice
- 8 frozen, skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and cut onion into wedges. Use a knife to peel the thick skin away from the mango and then cut the fruit away from the core. Chop up the flesh. Peel the garlic.
- Add the produce to the bottom of the slow cooker, then the rice and chicken. Pour the tomatoes, chicken broth and mango nectar on top. Add the spices and salt.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Shred chicken before serving, if desired.