If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is my mother's which she would make with ground venison whenever my dad would kill a deer hunting. Since this rarely occurred she turned to ground beef. Makes for great Hors d'œuvres. Tip: Brown one meatball as a tester. May have to add more ketchup, wine and oregano to taste and quantity of sauce you prefer. Enjoy! —mrwaz
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Venison
- 1/2 cup Grated soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Cooking Sherry
- 1/2 cup Kethcup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt and onions together, shape into small balls (bite size).
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet, brown balls evenly on all sides.
- Pour off most of fat from pan. Mix wine, ketchup and oregano together. Pour over balls, add salt to taste. Cover and simmer gently approx. 20 mins. Shaking pan gently from time to time to cook balls evenly.