Author Notes: A recipe that has been passed on in my family that is a fantastic decadent cake that uses your favourite nut of choice to add body to this flourless chocolate cake while keeping it moist. Quick and easy it's a crowd pleaser and is a great dessert for someone looking for a gluten free cake that will be loved by all. —Emma Kristensen
Makes: 1, 8-inch round pan cake
grams bakers bittersweet chocolate
pound unsalted butter
cup white sugar
cup finely chopped nuts these can be either: walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On low heat melt the butter, sugar, and bakers chocolate until everything has melted together stirring constantly.
- Take your nuts of choice and finely chop or use a food processor to chop the nuts into a flour-like texture. Then add them to the butter, sugar, and chocolate mix and stir in thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat for about 10 minutes. This will ensure that the eggs will not cook when added.
- Add the eggs and mix well. The batter should become thick and shiny.
- Line an 8-inch round pan with parchment paper and then pour in the batter. Smooth the surface so it is flat.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes this cake cooks like a brownie so try not to over bake. The middle will look soft with the edges baked.
- Cool and enjoy!