If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe that has been passed on in my family that is a fantastic decadent cake that uses your favourite nut of choice to add body to this flourless chocolate cake while keeping it moist. Quick and easy it's a crowd pleaser and is a great dessert for someone looking for a gluten free cake that will be loved by all. —Emma Kristensen
Makes 1, 8-inch round pan cake
- 250 grams bakers bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts these can be either: walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On low heat melt the butter, sugar, and bakers chocolate until everything has melted together stirring constantly.
- Take your nuts of choice and finely chop or use a food processor to chop the nuts into a flour-like texture. Then add them to the butter, sugar, and chocolate mix and stir in thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat for about 10 minutes. This will ensure that the eggs will not cook when added.
- Add the eggs and mix well. The batter should become thick and shiny.
- Line an 8-inch round pan with parchment paper and then pour in the batter. Smooth the surface so it is flat.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes this cake cooks like a brownie so try not to over bake. The middle will look soft with the edges baked.
- Cool and enjoy!