If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An interesting stuffing that pairs great with a well done hen! —mtlabor
- 2 Cornish Hens (about 1-1&1/2 lbs each)
- 8 ounces dried tropical fruit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black and pink peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Empty the tropical fruit mix into a medium bowl and cover with brandy, maybe about 1/2 cup or so. Let sit for about 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat your olive oil in a large skillet under medium high heat and add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute for about 10 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the dried fruits and mix well. Take off heat and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Mix in remaining stuffing ingredients and stuff the Cornish Hens. You can place your remaining stuffing in a baking dish and bake alongside the hens.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place hens on roasting rack, sprinkle skin with salt and pepper, and cover the exposed stuffing with aluminum foil. Roast for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 180 F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.