If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's said that yogi tea purifies the blood .. lungs .. and circulatory system .. along with other benefits .. such as making one happy!
Adapted from Healthy.net —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes 16 cups (1 gallon)
- 1 gallon water
- 25 whole cloves
- 30 peppercorns
- 6-8 3-4" cinnamon sticks
- 25 green cardamom pods
- 4" gingerroot (scrubbed clean, not peeled) thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black tea (or 1 tea bag), optional
- Bring water to a fast boil in a stainless steel pot.
- Add whole cloves and let them dance for about 1 minute.
- Add whole cloves and let them dance for about 1 minute. Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and gingerroot.
- Turn heat down so it is just simmering, cover, and let lightly boil for 45-60 minutes.
- Finally, add black tea bag and boil another 5 min.
- If adding milk & honey, do so after adding the tea bag and letting it steep– (** OR BETTER yet add milk and honey to individual cups or a small batch. That way you can store the raw tea in the fridge and prepare with milk and honey as you go)
- After adding milk and or honey, bring to a boil one last time.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for another hour (or overnight). This way it gets nice and strong so you can best enjoy this potent spice blend!
- Strain and refrigerate.
More Great Recipes: Booze-Free Drinks