Author Notes: It's said that yogi tea purifies the blood .. lungs .. and circulatory system .. along with other benefits .. such as making one happy!
Adapted from Healthy.net —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes: 16 cups (1 gallon)
3-4" cinnamon sticks
green cardamom pods
gingerroot (scrubbed clean, not peeled) thinly sliced
teaspoon black tea (or 1 tea bag), optional
- Bring water to a fast boil in a stainless steel pot.
- Add whole cloves and let them dance for about 1 minute.
- Add whole cloves and let them dance for about 1 minute. Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and gingerroot.
- Turn heat down so it is just simmering, cover, and let lightly boil for 45-60 minutes.
- Finally, add black tea bag and boil another 5 min.
- If adding milk & honey, do so after adding the tea bag and letting it steep– (** OR BETTER yet add milk and honey to individual cups or a small batch. That way you can store the raw tea in the fridge and prepare with milk and honey as you go)
- After adding milk and or honey, bring to a boil one last time.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for another hour (or overnight). This way it gets nice and strong so you can best enjoy this potent spice blend!
- Strain and refrigerate.