If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple corn pie with a bit of fresh herbs and spice. —Hippy in the Kitchen
Makes 1 - 9" pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Salt or Onion Powder
- Combine Cracker Crumbs and 1/2C melted Butter and mix well. Reserve 1/2C for topping. Press remaining 1/2C into a 9" Pie Pan.
- In a Saucepan: Combine 2 TBS Butter, 1 C Milk, Corn, Salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl: Combine Flour, Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 C Milk. Mix until smooth. Add Flour mixture to Corn mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes, until it thickens. Cool Slightly. Add Onion Salt, Salt, Rosemary. Slowly add Eggs, stirring constantly. Pour into Pie and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes