If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A genius flourless carrot cake muffin that is moist in texture and deep in flavor —Mylittlejarofspices
- 1.5 cups Almond flour
- 1 cup Dessicated coconut (unsweetened)
- 4 Eggs
- 0.75 cups Maple Syrup
- 6 Dates
- 4 Medium Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Apple (Fuji or Gala)
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 0.25 cups Walnuts
- 0.25 cups Raisins (golden)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 0.5 teaspoons Nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and soak the dates in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Grate the carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel, core and chop the apple into very small cubes. Add to the carrots.
- Combine the almond flour, desiccated coconut, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the carrots and apple and mix with your hands, lightly squeezing the carrots and apple pieces between your hands to release some moisture, until the ingredients start holding together.
- In a blender or using a hand mixer, blend the maple syrup, vanilla, soaked dates (soaking water discarded), coconut oil and eggs (make sure they are room temperature otherwise coconut oil will harden). Add to the rest of the ingredients and stir with a spatula until batter is fully combined. Finally, stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly into individual muffin silicone molds (or a greased muffin tin) and bake for 25 minutes. Baking times often vary depending on your oven, so check that they are done by inserting the tip of a knife in the center and seeing if it comes out clean.