Author Notes: This gorgeous layered chocolate and strawberry chia pudding is incredibly simple to make. Chia seeds are high in fiber and omega 3 fatty acids which are both great for your heart. Make this pudding as a pretty brunch dish or add a little more sweetener to make it a dessert. —Deborah Davis
ounces canned coconut milk
tablespoons chia seeds
tablespoon maple syrup
handful fresh strawberries, halved
tablespoons cocoa powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, dairy milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup.
- Halve the mixture. (Each half should be about 1 cup.)
- Place one half of the mixture into the blender. Pour strawberries into the blender as well. Puree until smooth and place in a tupperware container and chill for about 1 hour.
- Place the other half of the chia mixture into the blender and add the cocoa powder. Blend until smooth and place in a tupperware container to chill for about 1 hour.
- Once chia pudding is chilled, spoon half the chocolate and half the strawberry mixture into a serving dish. Top with additional strawberries, coconut, or chocolate chips.
- Repeat for the last half of the mixture in a second dish. Serve chilled.