Author Notes: This dish can’t actually be pesto, because pesto is a green blend of basil, parmesan, and nuts. Right? Wrong. This is pesto with corn. Get your head around it. And this pesto is actually particularly special, because in addition to corn being sweet and distinctive and delicious, when you blend it, it gets creamy and saucy without even adding cream. That’s all I have to say. Well, actually, one more thing… I added bacon. —The Pasta Man
sweet corn (or use 1 pound defrosted frozen kernels)
garlic, minced or crushed
tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Boil pasta until al dente in heavily salted water.
- Fry the bacon in a little olive oil until crispy. Retain oil/grease mixture in pan and drain bacon on paper towels.
- Strip corn from cob and add to pan on high heat. Cook until starting to brown and pop. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- To a food processor, add half the corn, the nuts, a dash of olive, and the parmesan cheese. Blend and taste for salt.
- Mix pasta, remaining corn, bacon, and corn pesto. Serve, passing additional parmesan and chopped basil if you have it.