If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This’ll cure what ails you! No matter what time of year it is, we all crave the comfort of a warm drink, a smile, a kiss and a hug. I am happy to say I am in possession of an age-old recipe that encapsulates the warmth and love of all those things at once, and now so are you. This Broth is also known as my version of Jewish Penicillin and is a cure for everything from anxiety to zits.
This “savoury saviour” is slightly different from the one featured in the Healing Foods Cookbook, it has the amazing added benefits of turmeric and black peppercorn. Turmeric has been known to help prevent cancer, ward off Alzheimer’s, fight colds and flues, help with indigestion and weight loss, and reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Black peppercorn is a dark horse with an army of antibacterial and antioxidant properties galloping towards you.
Lets not forget the fact that this supernatural soup is completely free of gluten, dairy and refined sugars. —Sandra Ramacher
Makes 4 litres
- 1 Large Chicken
- 120 grams Onions- peeled and diced
- 110 grams Celery- diced
- 150 grams Carrots- peeled and diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 10 Peppercorns
- 1/2 inch fresh Turmeric
- 4 liters Water
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer on low with the lid on for 4 hours.
- Skim off any fat or scum that rises to the surface.
- Pour through a strainer and discard the meat and vegetables.
- Freeze in 1 liter (4 cups) and ½ litre (2 cups) lots.