If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A refreshing summer soup that uses raw corn and chilled shrimp and veggies will make you a raw corn fan. —Donna Kelly
Serves 4 to 6
- 5 ears of corn
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2 per cent milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked chilled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup gape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- With a large chef's knife, remove kernels from corn cobs. With a butter knife, press and slide along corn cobs to remove liquid left in cobs. (NOTE: this should yield about 4 cups kernels and 1/3 cup liquid.)
- Reserve about 1 cup of corn kernels. Working in two batches, blend in blender 3 cups of corn, liquid from cobs, yogurt, milk, lime juice and hot sauce. Strain through a sieve and discard solids. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Dice most of the shrimp, reserving a few whole shrimp as garnishes. Stir reserved 1 cup of corn kernels and diced shrimp into soup. Spoon soup into bowls and then garnish with reserved whole shrimp, diced tomato and avocado pieces. Serve immediately.