If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cheesy corn triangles is a mouth watering dish with a sweet flavor of corn and a melted cheese. —malvika
- 3 pieces sliced cheese or shredded cheese
- 250 grams sweet corn
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1. First of all boil your corns . 2. After boiling strain corns from hot water and grind them and make a paste.
- 3. Take a pan add oil and when oil will get hot , add asafoetida and mustard seeds 4. When mustard seeds start crackle add red chilly , turmeric powder and corn paste. 5. Saute it for 5-10 minutes. 6. Add the milk slowly, stirring all the time, and bring to a boil 7. Simmer for a couple of minutes or till corn is cooked.
- Shaping and stuffing triangles 10. Divided the dough 6 equal pieces. 11. Take each piece and roll in your palms first to make a smooth ball. then roll it with a rolling pin keeping the thickness neither thin nor thick. cut with a knife or a pastry cutter through the center of the triangle. with a brush or with your finger tips, on the straight edge of the sliced pastry, apply some water. 12. Join the two ends bringing the watered edge on top of the plain edge. press the edges so that they get sealed well. 13. Stuff the prepared triangles(just like samosa) cone with the prepared corn filling and shredded cheese.(first add cheese then corn filling then cheese and sealed the samosa/triangle) 14. Apply some water with your fingertips or brush on the round samosa cone circumference. 15. Pinch a part on the edge this helps the samosas to stand. 16. Press both the edges. be sure there are no cracks. For frying 17. Prepare all the triangle shaped samosa this way and keep covered with a moist kitchen napkin. 18. Now heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan. once the oil becomes hot (test by adding a small piece of dough – it should come up quickly once added to the hot oil) gently slide the prepares stuffed samosas & quickly reduce the flame to low. 19. Fry the samosas till golden. drain samosas on paper towels to remove excess oil. 20. For frying the second batch, again increase the temperature of the oil. add the samosas and then lower the flame, thereby decreasing the temperature of oil. this way fry all the samosas in batches. 21. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- Note: You can also bake the samosa's.