If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The porridge is our very simple and easy to prepare. It tastes just like fresh corn polenta. It is savory dish, that you can enjoy for dinner with a side of salad. It has the sweetness from corn, milk and coconut and hint of spice from the green chilies. Make it for yourself and try it. It is delicious. Hope you enjoy it. —PistachioDoughnut
- 3 cups Fresh grated corn or corn kernels
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Green chilies finely chopped or paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- handful sultanas
- handful cashewnuts
- 1 cup Milk
- pinch of sugar (totally optional)
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tbsp shredded fresh coconut
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish
- Few Sprigs chopped cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges to serve
- If you are using fresh corn, then grate the corn kernels with the help of a grater or if you already have corn kernels then roughly run it through food processor. We want to keep some texture, so don't grind it to paste. Keep it aside.
- In a nonstick wok, take oil once the oil is warms up add mustard seeds, let them splutter and then add curry leaves, ginger paste, chili paste, and sultanas and roughly broken cashew pieces. Stir it and immediately add the corn mixture and mix it well.
- Once it starts leaving the sides of the wok, add the milk and cook it till it all the milk evaporates and the mixture becomes a little dry again. It will take some time.
- After a while, add pinch of sugar, garam masala and shredded coconut leaving a little bit for garnish. Once the mixture looks nice and not runny, remove it on a plate and garnish it with leftover coconut, sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. Serve it with a side of lemon wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn